LOW STAKES assignment: Freewrite

The steel became transparent when he sat in front of me.
A man whose skin color is grey, 50 shades of it.
 A man whose peak is blanketed with a snow of dandruff.
A man who hides behind his hat and sunglasses.
A man who is too nervous to look up.
A man who nods his head in agreement with the bus’s jerking.
A man whose shirt stripes shrivel in agony.
A man whose sunglasses have no eyes, whose face has no smile.
A man who looks uneasy, tired, and dipped in dirt.
I felt so close to the dirtiest man alive.

REFLECTION:

This assignment was great because it was a freewrite. Freewriting is my favorite type of writing because you have so much freedom! It was a great experience hearing the words I could write without thinking about them.Freewriting is so flexible and natural that you can write on anything and everything. Freewriting can help you discover your voice, which it helped me do. I really enjoyed it, I really enjoyed this assignment.

I noticed all the cons with my writing now that I am reflecting on this. I've noticed that sometmes I tend to repeat myself when I am writing. I am a bit redundant. I am a bit redundant. I feel like this is one of my failures as a writer. I think this because I feel a writer should be concise and precise. A writer should use his words as if they were scarce resources. A word should only be used if it is completely necessary.

I would improve this bad quality of mine for next semester. I want to become a clearer writer who captures a reader's attention entirely. This can only be done with words. I plan on getting better at deciding which words are vital and which ones are not.

Below this body of text there are some images. These images are first drafts of the work you just read. This was a freewrite that I wrote as I was on the bus home (before I had a car :{.) As I was beginning to write in my journal a very dirty man sat next to me, the dirtiest man in the world. His smell inspired my writing and my vomiting. After I revised my freewrite I decided to make it into a poem. I used my favorite lines of description from the original poem. The poem is what you just read.

HERE IS WHAT I WROTE AS THE DIRTIEST MAN SAT DOWN:



No comments:

Post a Comment