LOW STAKES assignment: Helmoffering

EV
   er
 Y     T
           hIN
                  g


YO

           u
He
    Ar

                IS 

A
          S      oU
                ND      


Everything you hear

Is a sound

Motorcycle sound blazes left, ear, right. 

Wind woos, Venom whistles and 
Seatbelts slap.

I can hear  


A Chinese man speaks

Chinese while the Beatles play. 
The sunlight manages to push 
Through my closed eyes. 

The speed of the

Bus Is loud. 
The lady o
The GPS thinks she knows-it-all

Music blasting from the 

Neighboring car, 
Sound is a violent 
Drummer pounding on the ear drum

Traffic is terrible, 

Move an inch. Lose an inch. 
Continues..Change when it becomes centimeters. 

A red river of red lights

Each one halted and honking
Angry and paused
Immobile in mobiles

Saddle hurts 

In a car. 
Feat tire with distance. 

Cars left and mint.

Not moving but speeding home. 
My radio is louder than the world. 
This moment is smaller than the universe.
An itch and I don’t want to scratch. I don’t want to miss the moment, 
I don’t want to miss the world. 


Moment: Tnemom, Venom, Mom, Mother, Memento, Mime, Meme, Miming, Mint, Gnome, Womb, New, Ten

Traffic: Ciffart, Cliff, Art, Clifford, Clip, Fart, Stiff, Jip, Jiff, Life
Blazes: Sezalb, Saddle, Seltzer, Alba, Said, Says, Sentiment

REFLECTION:


I really loved this piece. I loved everything about it. I loved the technique used to write it and the thought process behind it. Our instructions were to simply write our thoughts. We had to pour our brains onto paper and then type it. 


It was so great seeing how natural one can be when one lends no thought. This helm-offering is composed of pure thoughts, pure ideas and pure voice. No obstructions, no walls blocked my thoughts from transcending through my pencil.


I thought of this project as word vomit. I was simply spitting thoughts onto paper, hoping that they were good enough to be read. Then we had to go back and edit, reshape and re imagine our work, without changing too much.This assignment helped push me to find my natural writer's voice. I did it all without trying. I very highly recommend this writing exercise to anyone.



Below this last body of text are a few photographs. These are picz of my original helmoffering, before I revised and edited it. Revising was a long process since there weren't too many correlating ideas. It was hard to find a theme with all those different thoughts: HERE ARE THE PICS/Z OF THE ORIGINAL HELMOFFERING:

(I CLOSED MY EYES AND WROTE)
(I CAN WRITE WITH MY EYES CLOSED!)
(I WONDER IF I CASN TYUPE WITJ MYeYES CLpSED)






No comments:

Post a Comment